Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter unveiled: Here’s all you need to know
The new Bajaj Chetak electric scooter will come under the company’s Pro-Biking network, which includes the KTM brand, and distribution will be broadened depending on the response to the ecosystem.
New Delhi: Bajaj Auto Chetak is back in the business after a gap of nearly 14 years in the form of the Chetak electric. Bajaj Auto today unveiled its first electric scooter for the Indian market. Bajaj has announced that deliveries for the new Chetak electric scooter will commence from January 2020, starting with Pune, followed by Bengaluru, gradually moving across India. It will be the first to many electric two-wheelers and three-wheelers to be introduced under the Urbanite brand.
While prices have not been announced yet, the new electric scooter is expected to be priced under ₹ 1.5 lakh (ex-showroom). The new Bajaj Chetak electric scooter will come under the company’s Pro-Biking network, which includes the KTM brand, and distribution will be broadened depending on the response to the ecosystem. 500 KTM dealers across India will cater to the new upcoming Bajaj Chetak electric scooter.
Here’s all you need to know about the Bajaj Chetak Electric:
1) Bajaj Chetak Electric is the company’s first EV.
2) Bajaj has launched their first scooter after a gap of 14 years after the homegrown automaker discontinued the Chetak to focus on motorcycles.
3) The new Chetak Electric will feature a horseshoe-shaped LED headlight with DRLs.
4) It will get feather-touch activated electronic switches and large digital console.
5) The Chetak will have a lithium-ion battery that can be charged using a standard household 5-15 amp electrical outlet.
6) The Chetak will be offered with 2 ride modes – Eco and Sport and will have a mileage of 95 km and 85 km.
7) Bajaj Chetak will have Regenerative braking via an intelligent braking system that converts braking heat into kinetic energy to maximize the range.
8) Bajaj Chetak will have mobility solutions like data communication, security and user authentication that can increase user experience via a mobile app.
9) A ‘Chetak Electric Yatra’ was flagged off by Nitin Gadkari and Amitabh Kant in New Delhi where 20 riders will travel to Pune.
10) Bajaj will start selling the scooter starting January 2020. Pune will be the first city for sales followed by Bangalore.