See here….what needs to be linked to Aadhaar and what not
New Delhi: The Supreme Court declared Aadhaar as constitutionally valid but struck down some of its provisions.
In its verdict, the apex court has highlighted list of services for which biometric ID Aadhaar is mandatory and the ones for which it is not required.
Below is a ready reckoner on the services:
SERVICES REQUIRING AADHAAR LINKING:
* It is mandatory to link PAN with Aadhaar.
* Aadhaar is compulsory for filing Income Tax returns.
* Aadhaar must for availing facilities of welfare schemes and government subsidies.
SERVICES WHICH DO NOT REQUIRE AADHAAR LINKING:
* It is not mandatory to link bank account with Aadhaar.
* Telecom service providers cannot ask for linking mobile number with Aadhaar.
* CBSE, NEET, UGC cannot make Aadhaar mandatory.
* Aadhaar not compulsory for school admissions.
* No child can be denied benefits of any schemes on not being able to bring Aadhaar.