Dr BR Ambedkar Ambedkar’s 63rd Mahaparinirvan Diwas |10 Inspirational quotes
New Delhi: Nation pays homage to Bharat Ratna Dr BR Ambedkar on his 63rd Mahaparinirvan Diwas on Thursday.
The Father of the Indian Constitution Dr Ambedkar was a jurist, economist, politician and a social reformer who campaigned against social discrimination of Dalits, women and labourers.
He died on this day in 1956 and the day is observed as Mahaparinirvan Diwas every year. A number of functions are being organised all over the country to mark the occasion.
Ambedkar’s Mahaparinirvan Diwas: 10 Inspirational quotes
1. “They cannot make history who forget history”.
2. “Be Educated, Be Organised and Be Agitated”
3. “I like the religion that teaches liberty, equality and fraternity”
4. “Life should be great rather than long”.
5. “If I find the constitution being misused, I shall be the first to burn it.”
6. “Cultivation of mind should be the ultimate aim of human existence”.
7. “If you believe in living a respectable life, you believe in self-help which is the best help”.
8. “We must stand on our own feet and fight as best as we can for our rights. So carry on your agitation and organize your forces. Power and prestige will come to you through struggle”.
9. “The history of India is nothing but a history of a mortal conflict between Buddhism and Brahminism”.
10. “I measure the progress of a community by the degree of progress which women have achieved.”