New Delhi: The poll schedule for Himachal Pradesh Assembly has been announced. The state will go to polls on 9th of next month in single phase.
Announcing the poll schedule, Chief Election Commissioner AK Joti said, the model code of conduct has come into force with immediate effect.
Notification for the Himachal Pradesh Assembly polls will be issued on 16th of this month and the last date for nomination is 26th October. Counting of votes will take place on 18th December.
Electronic Voting Machines with VVPAT will be used in all the constituencies and voters will be able to see to whom they have cast their votes. Seven thousand five hundred twenty-one polling booths will be set up for voting in 68 assembly constituencies.
For the first time, Election Commission has made the arrangement of all women polling booths. Two polling booths in every constituency will be manned by women.
On pilot basis, voter turn-out will be matched with VVPAT slips in one polling booth in every constituency of the State.
Three tier monitoring system will be put in place to check the menace of paid news.
The term of Himachal Pradesh Assembly is ending on 7th January next year.
– Himachal Pradesh Assembly Elections (68 seats) to be held on Nov 9, 2017. Counting of votes: 18 December: CEC
– We will have VVPATs along with EVMs; height of voting compartments will be increased to 30 inches: CEC
– Increased the size of screen on VVPAT machines to 10 cm by 5.6 cm for the voters to able to verify their vote easily: CEC
– 136 all women polling stations to be set up for Himachal Pradesh: CEC
– Model code of conduct for Himachal Pradesh assembly election comes into effect from now itself: CEC
– Bulk SMSes & voice messages on phone shall also be in purview of election advertisements: CEC
– Election Commission to use social media for better election management: CEC