New Delhi: The PM Mementos Portal is currently hosting an exclusive online auction featuring mementos and gifts received by India’s Prime Minister, Narendra Modi. This unique opportunity for collectors and enthusiasts to acquire rare and culturally significant artifacts will be open until October 31.
The diverse range of items available for bidding includes exquisite sculptures, intricate paintings, finely detailed sketches, meticulously crafted handicrafts, traditional angavastras, pagdis (turbans), swords, and more. These prized items come with base values that span from ₹700 to as high as ₹64,80,000.
Here’s a step-by-step guide for individuals interested in participating in the PM Mementos Portal’s online auction for these carefully curated mementos presented to the Prime Minister:
Step 1: Registration
– New buyers should initiate the registration process by clicking the “Buyer Signup” button located at the top right-hand corner of the PM Mementos Portal homepage.
– Buyers will need to provide essential details, including their Mobile Number, Email address, and Password on the Buyer Signup Page.
– To proceed, buyers must agree to the auction’s terms and conditions by clicking the respective checkbox.
– An OTP (One-Time Password) will be sent to the registered Mobile Number and Email Id. This OTP should be entered as part of the verification process.
– Subsequently, buyers should furnish additional details like Name, Gender, Date of Birth, and Address on the Profile Details page.
– To complete the registration, it’s essential to verify all the provided details and then click “Submit.”
– Upon successful registration, a confirmation message will be displayed, indicating “Successfully Signed up” with the portal.
Step 2: Login
– For subsequent visits to the portal, buyers can access their accounts by entering their login credentials (either email id or mobile number along with the valid password) and then proceed to log in.
Step 3: Aadhaar Authentication
– The system will conduct a check for Aadhaar Authentication of the buyer.
– In cases where Aadhaar Authentication is pending, the system will guide the buyer to the Aadhaar Authentication Page for completion.
Step 4: Browse Item Catalogue
– Once logged in, buyers can peruse the comprehensive catalog to view the items available for auction. This includes items displayed under the ‘Live Auctions’ category.
Step 5: Add to Cart
– Buyers are required to add the desired product to their cart and specify the bid amount for the auction.
– Note that adding items to the cart is mandatory, and participation in the auction is exclusively for items that have been added to the cart.
*Step 6: Participate in the Auction*
– After successfully adding a product to the cart, buyers can quote a bid amount and actively participate in the ongoing auction.
– Participation is permitted until the conclusion of the auction.
Step 7: Payment
– Following the conclusion of the auction and upon approval by the department user of the highest quoted (H1) bidder, the buyer can proceed with the payment through the portal.
– Once payment is complete, the item will be delivered to the buyer’s address within the country.
Organized by the National Gallery of Modern Art (NGMA), a division of the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, this e-auction is exclusively accessible to resident Indians. All items available for bidding on this platform will be delivered within the country.
The proceeds generated from this online auction will contribute to the Ganga Rejuvenation initiative, a vital component of the “Namami Gange Programme.” This initiative is aimed at revitalizing the Ganges River, as stated in an official statement.