India-China

Captain Soiba Maningba Rangnamei, of 16 Bihar Regiment of the Indian Army hails from Manipur’s Senapati district.

India-China standoff: On February 11, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh informed Lok Sabha on the 'situation in Eastern Ladakh' and said the agreement for disengagement in the Pangong lake area envisaged that both sides will cease their forward deployments in "a phased, coordinated and verified manner".

The Defence Minister said the implementation of this agreement has started yesterday in the North and South Bank of the Pangong Lake and "It will substantially restore the situation to that existing prior to commencement of the standoff last year."

The two countries have been engaged in a stand-off along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) since April-May last year. While China began amassing massive military strength along the LAC, India responded with a befitting build-up.

The Indian Army is looking at the acquisition of around 1600 artillery guns and was looking at Israeli guns ATHOS as an option for quick induction of 400 pieces.

The banned applications, which include a few dating apps, were a threat to the "sovereignty and integrity of India", the Indian government said in a statement.

According to the Indian Army, the soldier had strayed across the Line of Actual Control in Demchok.

India has a clear stand that the gambit of talks must include disengagement and de-escalation from the entire Eastern Ladakh region for addressing the situation.

Despite repeated requests, opposition parties arrived at the well of the house to protest against the discussion.

The two countries have been engaged in a standoff position since April-May timeframe and the Chinese have refused to vacate areas in the Finger area and other friction points in the Eastern Ladakh area.