The Chinese Army has moved back tents, vehicles and troops by 1-2 kilometres from locations where disengagement was agreed upon at Corps Commander-level talks, Indian Army sources said on Monday.
China and its mouthpiece Global Times have been claiming entire Galwan Valle. India has said that China 's claim on Galwan Valley is exaggerated, untenable and unacceptable.
As the Indian patrol reached, the sources said, the Chinese had already built up troops on higher ground around the observation post and kept the stones and weapons ready for launching an attack on the Indian troops.
Earlier in the day, China said that it does not wish to see "more clashes" with India. "From the Chinese side, we do not wish to see more clashes," said Zhao Lijian, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson.
"The disaster wrecks havoc watching from an apparently safe distance and sitting idle will eventually backfire. Pointing fingers at others will only damage one's own reputation," he said.
The Chennai informal summit will provide an opportunity to the two leaders to continue their discussions on overarching issues of bilateral, regional and global importance and to exchange views on deepening India-China Closer Development Partnership, the Ministry of External Affairs said in a statement.
The two countries agreed to promote cultural exchanges for the preservation of intangible cultural heritage, organization of cultural activities and management of archaeological heritage sites.
Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi said that India and China should be each other's partners in pursuing their respective dreams and opportunities for economic growth.
Stating that the JeM is banned by the UN and other countries, Swaraj told Wang that "this terrorist attack is the direct result of the impunity and cover provided to the JeM and its leaders by the Pakistani side".
New Delhi: India’s External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Friday welcomed Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi ahead...