Happy Birthday Vijay Sethupathi: Here are some rare facts about the Tamil Superstar
Vijay did some odd jobs in the starting, the actor had to move to Dubai to take care of his three siblings. The reason behind shifting to Dubai is he was offered four times more than what he was earning in India.
Happy Birthday Vijay Sethupathi: Here are the rare facts about the Tamil Superstar
New Delhi: Vijay Sethupathi celebrates his 43rd birthday today. undoubtedly Vijay is an actor par excellence and obviously a south Indian superstar. From Vikram Vedha to Super Deluxe to his latest blockbuster release Master, he has experimented with different characters over the years. His remarkable acting career seems to have left no stone from his roles as minor supporting roles or as a lead.
Here are some of the unknown facts about the Tamil superstar:
- According to sources Vijay was a below-average student during his schooling days. Vijay never showed his interest in sports or extra curriculum activities. Before starting his career he joined a theatre, Koothu Patrai, as an accountant. Later, he gradually started taking interest in acting.
- Sethupathi completed his graduation in Bachelor of Commerce from the Dhanraj Baid Jain College (an affiliate of the University of Madras) in Thoraipakam.
- Vijay did some odd jobs in the starting, the actor had to move to Dubai to take care of his three siblings. The reason behind shifting to Dubai is he was offered four times more than what he was earning in India.
- In Dubai, Sethupathi met a woman named Jessie and they two dated for a few months before getting married in 2003.
- After returning to India in 2003, he joined a marketing company that dealt with readymade kitchens when he saw Koothupattarai’s poster. He recalled director Balu Mahendra remarking that he had a “very photogenic face”, and motivated him to pursue career in acting.
- Vijay Sethupathi has two children Surya and Shreeja. Reportedly, he kept the name of his son in the memory of his school friend, who died during their school days. His son has played Sethupathi’s younger version in his film Naanum Rowdy Dhaan, released in 2015.
- Vijay’s first movie in a negative role was ‘Sundarapandian’. Directed by S. R. Prabhakaran, the movie also featured M. Sasikumar and Lakshmi Men. Vijay Sethupathi’s commendable acting in the 2017-movie Vikram Vedha earned him the Best Actor award at the Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Tamil, Ananda Vikatan Cinema Awards and Vijay Award for Best Actor.
- In his 10-year acting career, Vijay has worked in over 25 movies as a lead actor. Besides acting, he also produced three movies namely Orange Mittai, Junga and Merku Thodarchi Malai.
- Vijay Sethupathi’s first movie as a lead actor was ‘Thenmerku Paruvakaatru’. Written and directed by Seenu Ramasamy, Thenmerku Paruvakaatru won three National Film Awards.