Connect with us

India

7-year-old boy dies in Mumbai after Electric scooter battery explodes while charging

The EV battery was plugged in for charging by Ansari’s father and woke up to shock as the battery exploded.

Neha Singh

Published

on

7-year-old boy dies in Mumbai after Electric scooter battery explodes while charging
Advertisement

New Delhi: In an unfortunate incident, a  seven-year-old child died during treatment today after getting critically injured in an e-scooter blast that occurred while it was getting charged in Vasai, Palghar.

The incident took place when electric scooter battery exploded while charging at home.

The victim has been identified as Shabbir Ansari. Ansari suffered  70 percent burns when an electric scooter’s battery exploded at his home.

He was rushed to hospital where he breathed his last.

The explosion took place when Ansari was sleeping with his grandmother in the hall.

The EV battery was plugged in for charging by Ansari’s father and woke up to shock as the battery exploded.

According to media reports, the EV battery fire incident took place at around 4:30am on September 23.

Ansari’s grandmother also suffered minor injuries.

The media reports also claimed  that the battery was detachable 24 Ah Lithium Ferro Phosphate (LFP), and is believed to have exploded due to overheating.

However, the victim’s family blamed EV scooter manufacturer for ‘faulty’ battery.

Advertisement