New Delhi: Stating that the Mahakumbh 2025 must represent the ‘new Uttar Pradesh’ of ‘new India’, showcasing the administrative capacity, rich culture and tourism possibilities of the state, CM Yogi Adityanath said that this time the state’s management should be such that it outperforms itself and meets the expectations of the country and the world.
The Chief Minister on Thursday chalked out the outline of the Maha Kumbh 2025 in a high-level meeting organised in Prayagraj. The opportunity is for all the 24 crore citizens of UP to present the state’s potential before the world. In the next two years, teamwork, and project management should be done through effective implementation and execution of projects, said the CM.
During the first official meeting for the Mahakumbh 2025, the CM emphasised the quality and timeliness of the works in the tenders of Mahakumbh Mela. He also warned of strict action against the officers who show any laxity. He directed that a committee should be formed under the chairmanship of the Divisional Commissioner and the projects should be monitored every week.
CM Yogi reviews preparations for Mahakumbh in Prayagraj
In the meeting, the Chief Minister said that under the leadership and guidance of the Prime Minister, Prayagraj Kumbh-2019 was successfully organized by the state government, in which the standards of cleanliness, security and order were established. Prayagraj Kumbh-2019 was unprecedented in many ways. For the first time in 200 years, the Kumbh Mela was organized without any mishap. Prayagraj city has been reimagined as a modern smart city. All the projects related to the event were completed on time with quality.
He further said that commendable work was done on all aspects related to cleanliness, security, magnificence and well-order by establishing inter-departmental coordination by various departments of Government of India and State Government. “For the first time Kumbh was given a new ‘logo’. Akshayvat and Saraswati Koop, closed for 450 years, were opened for darshan. Over 24 crore devotees and pilgrims took bath in the clean and pure water of the Ganga. The President, Prime Minister, Chief Ministers of various states and other dignitaries including ambassadors of 70 countries and more than 3,200 NRIs came to Prayagraj Kumbh-2019.
During this, three Guinness World Records were achieved in the field of cleanliness, transport and community participation.The Kumbh Mela was completed successfully because of carrying forward all the traditions.
Furthermore, he said that Mahakumbh 2025 should be presented as an excellent project showcasing cultural heritage of entire India and administrative capacity of the state.
Establishing coordination with the Finance Department for funding, ensure the work without any delay and unnecessary correspondence. If any problem arises at any level, solve it by holding a meeting, said Yogi.
Focusing on cleanliness and sanitization, the CM said that special attention should be paid to cleanliness and the number of toilets should be increased. Special arrangements should be made for the cleaning staff, arrangements should be made for them to stay, arrangements should be made to send their remuneration to their bank accounts.
Emphasizing community participation for successful event, the Chief Minister directed that the number of ghats and the length of ghats should also be increased. He said that in order to keep Ganga uninterrupted and clean, an action plan should be made to complete the projects in time to maintain Nirmal Ganga in all the districts from Bijnor to Prayagraj.
While discussing the action plan of the police department, the CM said that adequate security arrangements should be made for fire prevention, disaster management etc. Fire equipment, anti-terrorist surveillance, baggage checking equipment, river barricading etc. should be made available to the police for disaster management. He said that coordination should be established by the police with all the respected citizens of Prayagraj and all the camps to be set up in the Mela area for security arrangements. For this, special emphasis should be laid on police training. Appropriate camps should be made available to all the police personnel to stay like in Kumbh-2019.
Special attention to Kalpavasis convenience in Magh Mela
While reviewing the Magh Mela preparations, the CM said that it should be ensured that there is no shortage of facilities for the Kalpavas during the Magh Mela. The upcoming Magh Melas should be organized with a view to prepare for the Prayagraj Mahakumbh-2025. All the districts should be directed at the government level to ensure uninterrupted and pure water arrangement in Ganga during the Magh Mela.
He said that for better security, the police-administration should ensure good arrangements in coordination. Complete the Magh Mela with cleanliness and security. The CM directed that Principal Secretary, Urban Development, Divisional Commissioner and the team of the fair should develop their action plan incorporating the suggestions received from the local public representatives.
He said that work should be done on mission mode to provide excellent arrangements to all the devotees before the first bath. Plans should be implemented with the aim that Prayagraj Mahakumbh 2025 should prove to be the most unprecedented and unforgettable event in the world.
Major guidelines by the Chief Minister for bhavya-divya Mahakumbh
● Action should be taken to issue mandate immediately in respect of such projects which are likely to take more than 02 years. Tender should be invited and work should be started in this financial year itself.
● Necessary facilities should be available at the airport, railway station, bus stand. Parking area should be increased. Health ATMs, water ATMs and other facilities should be made available at all places.
● It should be ensured in the traffic plans that this time the devotees do not have to walk more than 02 kms on non-peak days and 05 kms on peak days in the Maha Kumbh Mela. No kind of traffic should be blocked, especially on the days of main bath, there should be no traffic on any route.
● Monitoring should be done through Integrated Command and Control Center. Artificial intelligence, data analytics should be used in transport planning and crowd management.
● It should be ensured that state-of-the-art facilities are available to all devotees, including women, at all ghats. LED lights should be used in all electric poles.
● Special attention should be paid to electrical safety in the electrical system so that incidents of fire breakouts do not occur due to short circuit of electricity.
● Maximum number of water ATMs and stand posts should be used for drinking water. Arrangements should be made to make drinking water connections available in each camp on time.
● Proper arrangement of water drainage should be ensured in case of rain during the fair.
● All the departments should deploy their excellent, efficient and dedicated officers.
● Additional Chief Secretary/Principal Secretary should hold a meeting with the officers of their respective departments every month and along with guiding them, give timely approval to the projects.
● The departmental ministers should also regularly monitor the works of their respective departments on the basis of priority.