Army sources had said there has been disengagement between Indian and Chinese troops at more locations where they had been in standoff positions for last many weeks now.
The statement read that senior military officials of the two sides are currently engaged in a meeting to defuse the situation. After 1975 this is the first violent incident on the India-China border in which casualties have taken place.
This comes after Indian Army Chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane on Saturday said that the entire situation along the borders with China is under control and the process of disengagement has started.
The Defence Minister said that the two countries share a relation of 'roti-beti' which cannot be broken by any power in the world.
Covid-19 Bulletin: Check out Top Corona News of the Day & Fact-check of fake messages
In the backdrop of COVID-19 outbreak and subsequent lockdown, a high-level meeting of Union Ministers was held at Singh's residence earlier on Sunday.
Rajnath Singh appreciated the "proactive role" played by armed forces and various departments of Defence Ministry in evacuating Indian nationals as well as foreigners from COVID-19 affected countries.
On Wednesday, Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria flew a sortie in MiG-21 of 51 Squadron with two Mirage-2000s and Sukhoi-30MKI from Srinagar airbase to mark the completion of one year of Balakot airstrike.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh also remembered Rai as an exceptional leader and mention while paying tribute to the leader.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh also recalled Guru Gobind Singh's immense contribution for the betterment of mankind and said that his teachings will always inspire people.