New Delhi: Koffee With Karan has been one of the most entertaining talk shows airing on Indian Television to date, along with the host, Karan Johar. The house was for his comfort-unique to his long-time friends, from whom he extracted honest, catty, and moving statements. The star-studded show was an indelible part of Bollywood pop culture.
However, on Wednesday morning, Karan Johar took to social media to announce that the show won’t be returning anymore on television. He shared a post that read, “Hello, Koffee With Karan has been a part of my life, and yours, for 6 seasons now. I’d like to think we’ve made an impact and even found our place in pop culture history. And so, it is with a heavy heart that I announce that Koffee With Karan will not be returning…Karan Johar.”
See the post here:
View this post on Instagram
The announcement left fans disheartened while many urged the director-producer to reconsider his decision and come back with season 7. While we were hoping for that, KJo has made another “More important announcement” on social media where Koffee With Karan will be returning on OTT platform. KJo stated, “Koffee With Karan will be not be returning…on TV! Because every great story needs a good twist, I’m delighted to announce that Season 7 will stream exclusively on Disney+Hotstar.”
He further added, “The biggest movie stars from across India will return to the couch to spill the beans while drinking some coffee. There will be games, there will be rumours put to rest – and there will be conversations that go deep, about love, loss and everything we’ve all been through over the last few years. Koffee With Karan ‘streaming’ soon, only on Disney+Hotstar. Toddles!…Karan Johar.”
— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) May 4, 2022
While we cannot contain our excitement for the whole new season of drama, gossip and chit chat, let’s look at some previous best moments from Koffee With Karan:
1. The most sensational information declared by Salman Khan about himself is that he is a virgin, which will always be our first point. The declaration made the headlines as did KJOs hilarious reaction to the statement.
2. A series of clippings of Deepika, Ranveer and Ranbir. The show also showed when Deepika Padukone and Sonam Kapoor shared the same couch and Ranbir Kapoor was at the receiving end.
3. The Student(s) of the Year trio – Siddharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt, and Varun Dhawan debuted in the show. The episode was full of laughter and chemistry. But the standout moment was Alia confidently giving out the wrong answer to the question – “Who is the president of India?”
4. Shah Rukh Khan has been a regular guest on the Koffee With Karan show. While there are several special moments of SRK’s to pick from, we have chosen his appearance with Kajol and Rani.
5. Rakhi Sawant appeared on the show and at once won over the hearts of millions. When she was asked if she did plastic surgeries, she replied in the affirmative and said, “Apne aap ko khoobsurat banane ke liye Miss Universe se leke Miss World se leke badi badi heroines kar sakte hain, toh Rakhi Sawant kyun nahi? (If Miss Universe and Miss World winners can resort to surgeries, why can’t I?)“