Ambedkar Jayanti: 10 Famous quotes of Babasaheb Ambedkar on his 130th birth anniversary
‘Humans are mortal. So are ideas’ – Famous quotes by BR Ambedkar
New Delhi: Babasaheb Ambedkar was born on April 14, 1891, he was an Indian jurist, economist, politician and social reformer who campaigned against social discrimination towards the untouchables (Dalits) and supported the rights of women and workers. He died on December 6, 1956.
In 1990, Ambedkar was conferred with the Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian award.1. “They cannot make history who forget history”.
He is also known as the father of the Indian constitution.
Famous quotes by BR Ambedkar
1. “Humans are mortal. So are ideas”
2. “Be Educated, Be Organised and Be Agitated”
3. “I like the religion that teaches liberty, equality and fraternity”
4. “Life should be great rather than long”.
5. “If I find the constitution being misused, I shall be the first to burn it.”
6. “Cultivation of mind should be the ultimate aim of human existence”.
7. “The history of India is nothing but a history of a mortal conflict between Buddhism and Brahminism”.
8. “I measure the progress of a community by the degree of progress which women have achieved.”
9. “Men are mortal. So are ideas. An idea needs propagation as much as a plant needs watering. Otherwise both will wither and die.”
10. “Every man who repeats the dogma of Mill that one country is no fit to rule another country must admit that one class is not fit to rule another class.”