
New Delhi: Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh on Monday clarified that he was discharged from hospital on February 15.
He said, “A few journalists were waiting for me at the hospital gate after I got discharged on 15th February. I was feeling low and weak so I sat on the chair there and responded to their questions. Then I went straight to my car and went home,” he said.
He further said, “I was in home quarantine from February 15th to 27th. I stepped out of my house for the first time on February 28th.”
— ANIL DESHMUKH (@AnilDeshmukhNCP) March 22, 2021
Allegations against Anil Deshmukh needs to be probed: Sharad Pawar
This statement comes after NCP supremo Sharad Pawar has said that allegations against Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh needs to be probed in detail and categorically ruled out the BJP’s demand to sack him.
“If you see the former Mumbai Police Commissioner’s letter, he mentions that in mid-February he was informed by certain officers that they got such and such instructions from Home Minister… Deshmuklh was admitted in the hospital because of corona,” Pawar said.
“It is clear that during the period about which the allegations were made, Anil Deshmukh was hospitalised. As this is clear, such demands hold no power,” he replied when asked about BJP’s demand of Maharashtra Home Minister’s resignation.
#WATCH: NCP chief Sharad Pawar replies to questions over BJP’s Amit Malviya’s tweet that Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh was holding a press conference on Feb 15th, as opposed to the NCP chief’s statement that he was admitted to hospital at the time. pic.twitter.com/7f4lYLIdaV
— ANI (@ANI) March 22, 2021
BJP counters Pawar’s ‘powerplay’, releases video
BJP was quick to counter Sharad Pawar’s defence of Anil Deshmukh, the minister from NCP in Maha Agadhi government.
BJP IT cell head Amit Malviya tweeted a video, in which he shared a video proof of Anil Deshmukh addressing a press conference on February 15.
Sharad Pawar claims Anil Deshmukh was in hospital from 5-15 Feb and in quarantine from 16-27 Feb.
But Anil Deshmukh was holding a press conference on 15 Feb…
How lies fall flat! https://t.co/ceZGxFaIYz
— Amit Malviya (@amitmalviya) March 22, 2021
Allegations as ‘absolutely false and baseless.’
Earlier, Anil Deshmukh has released a statement and has called the allegations as ‘absolutely false and baseless.’
“Ex Mumbai CP, Mr. Parambir Singh’s allegations on me are absolutely false and baseless. He has made these allegations as a part of a conspiracy to save himself and to malign the image of Maha Vlkas Aghadi and me,’ he said.
The former Commissioner of Police, Parambir Singh has made false allegations in order to save himself as the involvement of Sachin Waze in Mukesh Ambani & Mansukh Hiren’s case is becoming clearer from the investigation carried out so far & threads are leading to Mr. Singh as well
— ANIL DESHMUKH (@AnilDeshmukhNCP) March 20, 2021