New Delhi: Cryptocurrency was one of the most popular topics that hit the headlines in 2021. The recent rise in value in cryptocurrency is due to raised interest in crypto among people across the world. Not only has it become a topic of discussion among the investors but also the common people. Although certain countries are taking steps to legalise cryptocurrencies, also some adoption is being taken in some specific segments.
Besides, the raised value of bitcoin and cryptocurrency has attracted cybercriminals as well. The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has also warned the crypto investors and buyers, exchange, and payment platforms over the growing threat of criminals aiming to steal bitcoin and crypto-assets.
Meanwhile, Google removed 8 fake cryptocurrencies Android app that scammed users earlier this year. These apps deceptive the users as cryptocurrency cloud mining applications, where users can earn cryptocurrencies by investing money into a cloud mining operation. But, these apps tricked the users into watching ads and paying for subscription services.
Here are some of the names:
- BitFund: It predicted to be a crypto cloud mining app.
- Bitcoin Miner: It projected to be a cloud mining app.
- Bitcoin (BTC): It projected to be pool mining cloud wallet app.
- Crypto Holic: It was a paid app. It projected as a Bitcoin cloud mining app.
- Daily Bitcoin Rewards: It projected to be a cloud-based mining system app.
- Bitcoin 2021: It prompted users to click on ads during fraudulent crypto mining activities to prove that users are not a robot.
- MineBit Pro: It projected to be a crypto cloud mining and BTC miner.
- Ethereum: It projected to be a pool mining cloud app.