New Delhi: In February last year, PM Narendra Modi had launched a scheme named Prime Minister Kisan Samman Nidhi to provide financial assistance to small and marginal farmers. Under this scheme, 6000 rupees are being given to eligible farmers in 3 installments every year.
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package : Progress so far
- More than 33 crore poor people received financial assistance of Rs 31,235 crore under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package
- Rs 10,025 crore disbursed to 20.05 crore to Women Jan Dhan account holders
- Rs 1405 crore disbursed to about 82 crore old age persons, widows and disabled persons
- First instalment of PM-KISAN : Rs 16,146 crore transferred to 8 crore farmers
- Rs 162 crore transferred in 68,775 establishments as EPF contribution , benefitting 10.6 lakh employees
- 17 crore Building & Construction workers received financial support amounting to Rs 3497 crore
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Ann Yojana
- 27 crore beneficiaries distributed free ration of food grains
- 1,09,227 MT of Pulses dispatched to various States/UTs
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana : 66 crore free Ujjwala cylinders delivered
Using the digital payment infrastructure , more than 33 crore poor people have been directly given financial assistance of Rs 31,235 crore ( as on 22nd April,2020) under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package (PMGKP) announced by Union Finance Minister Smt Nirmala Sitharaman on 26th March,2020 to protect them from the impact of the lockdown due to COVID 19.
As part of the PMGKP, the Government announced free food grains and cash payment to women and poor senior citizens and farmers. The swift implementation of the package is being continuously monitored by Central and State governments. Finance Ministry, the concerned Ministries, Cabinet Secretariat and PMO are leaving no stone unturned to ensure that the relief measures reach the needy swiftly and in line with the intent of the lockdown.
The following financial assistance (cash amount) has been released to beneficiaries till 22nd April 2020, under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package.
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package
Total Direct Benefit Transfer till 22/04/2020
The progress achieved so far, under various components of PMGKP is as follows:
Fintech and digital technology have been employed for swift and efficient transfer to the beneficiary. Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT), i.e. transfer that ensures that the amount is directly credited into the account of the beneficiary, eliminates leakage and improves efficiency has been employed. This has also ensured credit to the beneficiary’s account without the need for the beneficiary to physically go to the branch.
1.Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Ann Yojana :-
So far 40.03 Lakh MT of food grains have been lifted by 36 States/UTs out of 40 Lakh MT for April. 19.63 lakh MT has been distributed by 31 States/UT to 39.27 crore beneficiaries covered by 1.19 Crore Ration cards as April 2020 entitlement.
1,09,227 MT of Pulses have also been dispatched to various states/UTs.
2. Free Gas Cylinders to Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana beneficiaries:-
Total 3.05 crore cylinders have been booked under this PMUY scheme so far and 2.66 crore PMUY free cylinders already delivered to beneficiaries.
3. Nonrefundable advance of 75% of outstanding balance or 3 months’ wages, whichever is lower allowed to the members EPFO:-
6.06 lakh members of EPFO have availed online withdrawal of Rs. 1954 crore so far.
4. EPF contribution for 3 months; Payment of 24% of Wages as contribution to EPFO members drawing wages below Rs 15000 per months in establishment up to 100 workers.
An amount of Rs.1000 crore has already been released to EPFO for the Scheme for the month of April, 2020. 78.74 lakh beneficiaries and concerned establishments have been informed. A scheme to implement the announcement finalized. FAQs has been put on the website.
A total of 10.6 lakh employees have benefitted so far and a total of Rs. 162.11 crore has been transferred in 68,775 establishments.
Increased rate has been notified w.e.f 01-04-2020. In the current financial year, 1.27 crore person’s man-days of work generated. Further, Rs 7300 crore released to states to liquidate pending dues of both wage and material.
6. Insurance Scheme for health workers in Government Hospitals and Health Care Centres :-
The Scheme has been operationalised by New India Assurance covering 22.12 Lakh health workers.
7 Support to Farmers :-
Of the total disbursement, Rs 16,146 crore has gone towards payment of the first instalment of PM-KISAN. Under the scheme, all 8 crore out of the 8 crore identified beneficiaries got ₹2,000 directly in their account.
8. Support to PMJDY Women account holders:-
As large number of household in India are largely managed by the women, under the package, as many as 20.05 crore women Jan Dhan account holders received ₹500 each in their account. As on 22nd April,2020, the total disbursement under the head was ₹10,025 crore.
9. Support to old age persons, widows and disabled persons:-
The National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP) disbursed about ₹1,405 crore to about 2.82 crore old age persons, widows and disabled persons. Each beneficiary received an ex-gratia cash of Rs 500 under the scheme as the first installment. Another installment of Rs 500 each will be paid during next month.
10. Support to Building & other Construction workers:-
As many as 2.17 crore Building &construction workers received financial support from the Building and Construction Workers’ Fund managed by state governments. Under this Rs 3,497 crore has been given to beneficiaries.